Elbow Pain Doctor
Whether it’s the first handshake in an important business meeting or the final drive on the 18th, your elbow is crucial in making that connection. All of the tendons, ligament, and muscles of the elbow work together in harmony to deliver these necessary movements.
Though the elbow is prone to overuse injuries, especially in sports, primarily stemming from insufficient recovery. Our orthopedic elbow specialists have the expertise needed to get you back up to speed on any field, no matter the location.
The elbow joint is often overlooked—until it starts hurting! Elbow pain can be caused by a variety of problems, and those who think the pain will just go away over time may end up causing more damage to the issue long term. People who play racquet sports are most likely to injure the tendons on the outside of the elbow. This condition is commonly called tennis elbow. Golfers are more likely to injure the tendons on the inside of the elbow. Other common causes of elbow tendinitis are gardening, playing baseball, using a screwdriver or overusing your wrist and arm.
When Should You Consider Seeing an Elbow Pain Orthopedic Doctor?
Although some sports injuries may heal with adequate rest and time, it is important to see an elbow pain orthopedic doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms.
- Sudden or gradually increasing pain around the elbow’s tendon or the surrounding area.
- Swelling, redness, and warmth around the tendon.
- If you lose the ability to move the affected area.
- If you have a fever over 100 degrees F.
At Orthopedic Associates, our skilled elbow pain orthopedic doctors can help treat your injury and get your range of motion back in no time. It’s important to remember that over 90% of patients with tennis elbow can be treated successfully without surgery. However, it is important to recognize and treat the symptoms early on. In the rare case that your elbow injury does require surgery, our skilled doctors are elbow orthopedic surgeons and can assist you in this area as well. Speak with one of our elbow orthopedic doctors today.
Elbow Doctor Near Me
Our specialists at Orthopedic Associates treat a wide range of elbow conditions, including:
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Elbow Bursitis
- Growth Plate Injuries of the Elbow
- Hyperextension Injury of the Elbow
- Inflammation of the Biceps Tendon at the Elbow
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)
- Medial Ulnar Collateral Ligament Injury
- Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Elbow
- Overuse Injuries of the Elbow
- Radial Tunnel Syndrome (Entrapment of the Radial Nerve)
- Throwing Injuries of the Elbow
- Triceps Tendonitis
Our orthopedics are highly experienced in performing multiple types of treatments and surgeries for the elbow including:
- Absorbable Antibiotic Bead Treatment for Osteomyelitis
- Arthroscopic Debridement of the Elbow
- Aspiration of the Olecranon Bursa
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Cubital Tunnel Release at the Elbow
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Medial Epicondylectomy
- Medial Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction (Tommy John Surgery)
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection Ove
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan
- Radial Tunnel Release at the Elbow
- Ulnar Nerve Transposition at the Elbow