David C. Neal, M.D.
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, MD – 2016 – Dallas, Texas
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery Board Eligible 2021
Dr. Neal grew up in Flower Mound, Texas. After graduating from Coram Deo Academy, he earned his undergraduate degree in Biology at Texas Christian University. He attended UT Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, TX where he graduated first in his class. He completed residency training in Orthopedic Surgery at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, TX.
Dr. Neal continued his medical training through a fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery at Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, VA. There he mastered techniques in total knee and total hip replacement with emphasis on the direct anterior approach to the hip. Dr. Neal prides his work on maximizing his patient’s function and improving their quality of life through both non-operative and operative treatment. Dr. Neal is dedicated to caring for his patients in the way that best represents his Christian faith and strong commitment towards the positive patient experience.
In his free time Dr. Neal enjoys spending time with his wife, Holly, and daughter, Diana. Hobbies include basketball, hiking, jogging, target and clay shooting, two-stepping, fine dining, and spending time with his family.
Fellowship, Residency, & Internships
- John Peter Smith Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program – 2016-2021 – Fort Worth, Texas
- Carilion Clinic Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship Program – 2021-2022 – Roanoke, Virginia
Honors & Awards
- TCU Summa Cum Laude – 2008 – 2012
- TCU – Chancellor’s Scholar – 2008 – 2012
- TCU – Distinguished Student Award – 2008 – 2012
- UT Southwestern Medical School – MD with Distinction in Research
- UT Southwestern Medical School – Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society (Graduated first in class)
- JPS Residency – Academic Achievement Award
- JPS Residency – Orthopedic Surgery Chief Resident