James R. Heerwagen, M.D.
- Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine 1985
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery since 1993
- American Board of Sports Medicine since 2008
Doctor Heerwagen is married and the proud father of a son and daughter. He has served as Flower Mound High School’s team physician on the sidelines for 18 years. Dr. Heerwagen enjoys an active lifestyle including travel, mountain bike racing, snow skiing, and running.
Fellowship, Residency, & Internships
- Fort Worth Affiliated Hospitals 1986-1990 in Fort Worth, TX
- Resident in Sports Medicine 1988-1989 – Aspen Colorado
- Transitional Internship: 1985-1986 at John Peter Smith in Fort Worth, TX
Honors & Awards
- Voted Best Orthopedic Surgeon of Denton County: 2016 & 2017
- Medical Director of Joint Replacement Program at Texas Health Resources in Flower Mound, TX
- Medical Director of Human Motion Institute at Medical City Lewisville from 2010-2016
- Chairman Dept. Surgery at Medical City Lewisvill from 2012-2015
- Louis J. Levy Resident Research Award in 1989
- Ruth Jackson Award for presentation in 1988
- Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society in 1985
See Dr. Heerwagen at Orthopedic Associates Today
Requst an appointment and start your path to a happier life.
Dr. Heerwagen has done numerous surgeries on me and was very personable and professional. He’s highly skilled and extremely intelligent in his field. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone who needs orthopedic care.
9 Months Ago
Dr. Heerwagen has been helping me with old, tired arthritic knees. Replaced my right knee in late September and it is New Years now and I’m totally satisfied with his work! I trust him whole heartedly. I met no less than 4 people working in the hospital that he has performed surgery on with great success. We know that I will need the left knee in a few years and I will use him again. He has been a blessing in my life.
3 Years Ago
I am totally impressed with the entire staff. Recently had surgery with Dr. Heerwagen and everything went like clock work. I have no complaints what so ever. He is one of the best surgeons I’ve ever met. He, like his entire Team, cares about their patients and their welfare.
2 Months Ago
Everyone from the person taking your temperature to the person checking you out is extremely friendly. And of course Dr. Heerwagen is the best there is around. I highly recommend Orthopedic Associates for all your orthopedic needs.
1 Year Ago