Jeffery S. Cantrell, M.D.
- University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, TX – 1983-1987 M.D.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery since 1986
Jeffery S. Cantrell, M.D. is proud to serve as team physician for Argyle, Krum and Pilot Point High Schools, and as consulting team physician for the University of North Texas and Texas Women’s University. Dr. Cantrell is a lifelong resident of the Lewisville area, graduating from Lewisville High School in 1979.
In his quest to offer his patients the most current, cutting-edge treatment options available, Dr. Cantrell recently attended these prestigious courses:
1) Vail International Complex Knee Symposium
2) Anatomic Based Reconstructions, Advanced Shoulder and Elbow
3) Evidence, Outcomes, and Controversies, Reverse Total Shoulder and Latarjet Procedures
4) Masters Conferences in Total Shoulder Innovations
5) Recent Lecturer at Ben Hogan Sports Medicine Conference
6) Andrews Football Injury Symposium
7) two ultrasound-guidance courses.
Dr. Cantrell also attends yearly meetings sponsored by AAOS, AANA and/or ASES.
Dr. Cantrell is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Inc. and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. He has been in an active orthopedic surgery practice in Denton County with Orthopedic Associates since 1994, providing general orthopedic and sports medicine care. He has a special interest in shoulders. He is the former Chief-of-Staff for the Medical Center of Lewisville, the former chairman for the Department of Surgery, as well as the former chairman for the Credentials Committee. He currently serves on the Presbyterian Hospital of Flower Mound Credentials Committee.
Fellowship, Residency, & Internships
- Baylor University Medical Center W.B. Carrell Memorial Clinic Dallas, Texas – 1993-1994
- Orthopedic Department University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, Texas – 1989-1993
- Pre-Clinical Fellowship, Surgical Infectious Disease Department, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX – 1987-1988
- General Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX – 1988-1989
Honors & Awards
- The First Humanitarian Award, Medical Center of Lewisville, Lewisville, Texas – 2010
- “Home Town Hero” Award on behalf of UNICEF and AHS Student Council – 2010
- Gold Headed Cane Finalist, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas – 1987
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities – 1986-87
See Dr. Cantrell at Orthopedic Associates Today
Requst an appointment and start your path to a happier life.
Dr. Cantrell performed surgery on my shoulder, including labrum repair. Have used him for 2 previous surgeries on my knee. He is a very caring and informative physician. Surgery is his last choice if other options are available. In all of my cases I needed surgery. Dr. Cantrell called me before my surgery and several times after my surgery prior to my post-op appointments. He explains the processes performed during surgery very well. Thank you Dr. Cantrell. Would highly recommend him.
8 Months Ago
Dr. Cantrell is just superb! He is so thorough and always explains everything so well regarding my treatment. He also listens to me which I am so grateful for. I highly recommend him!!
8 Months Ago
Dr. Cantrell is not only an incredibly skilled surgeon but is also humble and compassionate. I healed quickly and well after shoulder surgery throughout my entire post-op time period. I am so grateful for this doctor and also for his medical staff. I cannot say enough great things about him and them.
8 Months Ago
Dr. Cantrell is one of the most caring doctors I’ve ever had in my life. He’s very thorough and communicates very clearly. He’s got an equally wonderful staff. I’m very grateful he’s practicing in our area.
3 Months Ago