Michael J. Willenborg, M.D.
- University of Texas – Houston Medical School – M.D.: 1997- Houston, Texas
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery since 2015
Fellowship, Residency, & Internships
- The Foundation for Orthopaedic Athletic & Reconstructive Research Foot and Ankle Surgery Houston, Texas – 08/02 – 7/03
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Winston Salem, North Carolina – 7/98 – 6/02
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Department of Surgery Winston Salem, North Carolina – 7/97 – 6/98
- Alpha Omega Alpha – Honor Medical Society
- Book Chapters
- Willenborg MJ, Phoehling GG: “Knee Biomechanics” in Masters in Arthroscopy. [CD ROM] Mosby-Saunders.
- Book Reviews
- Willenborg, MJ: Chapman’s Orthopaedic Surgery, 3rd Edition. Arthroscopy, October 2001, Volume 17, Number 8, pages 898-899.
- Willenborg, MJ: Treatment and Rehabilitation of Fractures. Arthroscopy, June 2001, Volume 17, Number 4.
- Willenborg, MJ: A-Z Orthopaedic Radiology. Arthroscopy, June 2001, Volume 17, Number 4.
- Journal Articles
- Willenborg MJ , Koman, LA: Management of iliopsoas spasticity: Ultrasound-guided active EMG directed Botulinum A toxin injection in cerebral palsy. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Vol 22, No. 2, 2002.
Dr. Willenborg grew up in Arlington, TX and attended James Martin High School. From there he went on the University of Texas at Arlington where he played on the golf team. His medical education included The University of Texas-Houston for medical school and Wake Forest University for his Orthopedic Residency. He then returned to Houston for his Foot and Ankle Fellowship under the direction of Dr. Thomas Clanton.
Dr Willenborg sees a variety of general orthopedic conditions but specializes in disorders of the foot and ankle. These include bunions, hammertoes, arthritis, acquired and congenital deformity, sports-related and traumatic injuries, and diabetic foot conditions.
Dr. Willenborg lives in Highland Village with his wife and two daughters. He is proud to serve as the team physician for Marcus High School. In his spare time he enjoys golf, reading, and live music. He also is an avid runner and has competed in several half-marathons and marathons.
Dr. Willenborg performed my foot surgery. I can’t say enough about him and his staff. Everything went well from start to finish. I’m still in my recovery stage and everything is going well. All the people at the office are so friendly and helpful.
3 Months Ago
Dr. Willenborg performed surgery on my foot to remove a Morton’s neuroma/nerve. The entire process (diagnoses, treatment, scheduling of surgery, and surgery) went really smoothly. Staff in the office and surgery center are all very professional and helpful and Dr. Willenborg did a great job. I have already referred a friend and highly recommend Dr. Willenborg and Orthopedic Associates.
3 Months Ago
I wouldn’t go anywhere else for my or my families orthopedic needs. My husband and I each have seen Dr. Cantrell and Dr. Willenborg and highly recommend them both. Dr. Willenborg’s nurses, Melissa and Michael are kind, understanding and helpful as well. I couldn’t recommend this office more.
2 Months Ago
Dr. Willenborg is one exceptional surgeon. Can’t give enough praise. Thank you for fixing my ankle and broken bone today. 5 stars!!
1 Year Ago