When you need an experienced surgeon, then Orthopedic Associates is the team to call. Our office has a variety of orthopedic specialists, with services available for people of all ages. We promise the highest level of care to support your recovery.
Call our office to book an appointment, and we’ll help you with the selection of the right provider for your needs. This article highlights the services available from one of our well-known doctors: Aaron D. Schrayer, M.D.
Orthopedic Education and Training: Dr. Schrayer
Dr. Schrayer graduated with a biology degree from the University of North Texas before beginning his medical education through the University of Texas Medical Branch.
When he was done with his medical schooling, Dr. Schrayer continued his education through a residency and fellowship. He spent five years in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Texas Medical Branch. Dr. Schrayer received an Outstanding Resident Award in 2015 for his performance.
Then, Dr. Schrayer continued additional training at the Hughston Clinic in Columbus, GA – where he practiced Orthopedic Trauma Surgery. There he mastered specialized techniques for complex trauma cases, such as open fractures/dislocations, complex articular injuries, pelvic/acetabular fractures, and polytrauma patients.
After finishing his fellowships and residency, Dr. Schrayer achieved board certification through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 2018.
Focus on Orthopedic Trauma Treatments
While Dr. Schrayer specializes in trauma care, he also sees a variety of other orthopedic problems. He is experienced in helping patients with general orthopedics, joint replacement, arthroscopy, sports medicine, and complex articular injuries.
He supports patients through the in-house surgery center at Orthopedic Associates and also provides full-service care through digital imaging, PT, and more.
Treatments for Ankles, Knees Shoulders, & Hips
Dr. Schrayer offers general orthopedic support, with his specialties focusing on ankles, knees, shoulders, and hips. Whether you have a chronic condition or an acute injury from an accident, Dr. Schrayer is a great resource to provide an accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment plan.
Treatments are available for these hip conditions and more:
- Avascular Necrosis (AVN) of the Hip
- Bursitis of the Hip (Trochanteric Bursitis)
- Femoral-Acetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Hamstring Muscle Injuries
- Hip Dislocation
- Labral Tears of the Hip
- Loose Bodies in the Hip
- Pediatric Femoral Fractures
- Snapping Hip Syndrome
Dr. Schrayer is skilled at helping patients with these knee conditions, and more:
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear (ACL Tear)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Goosefoot (Pes Anserine) Bursitis of the Knee
- Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Injury
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Injury
- Meniscus Tear
- Patella Fracture (Broken Knee Cap)
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (Runner’s Knee)
- Prepatellar Bursitis (Kneecap Bursitis)
- Shin Splints (Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome)
Here is an overview of the shoulder conditions Dr. Shrayer can treat:
- Calcific Tendinitis of the Shoulder (Degenerative Calcification)
- Fracture of the Collarbone (Clavicle)
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Glenoid Labrum Tears
- Hill-Sachs Lesion
- Rotator Cuff Injuries/Tears
- Shoulder Dislocations
- Winged Scapula
If you have any of these ankle conditions, then schedule a consultation with Dr. Shrayer:
- Achilles Tendon Injuries
- Chronic Lateral Ankle Pain
- Haglund’s Deformity (Retrocalcaneal Bursitis)
- High Ankle Sprain (Syndesmosis Ligament Injury)
- Pilon Fractures
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Ankle
- Tibial Fractures
Patient Reviews: Dr. Aaron D. Shrayer
Dr. Shrayer’s medical experience shows through in the excellent results he can offer to his patients. He takes the time to understand each patient’s unique needs, delivering truly personalized services to optimize overall results.
Learn more about Dr. Shrayer’s experience, and you’ll see that he has a long list of satisfied patients in the local area. Here are a few reviews:
- Great experience with Dr. Schrayer!! My son broke both of his elbows so it was a rough time and Dr. Schrayer and STAFF were awesome!! They made my 12 YO son feel comfortable and even got some laughs out of him!! (Healthgrades)
- Dr Schrayer has been a consummate professional throughout 2 total hip replacements and the supportive care affiliated. I have been delighted with the outcomes— today’s 90 minute workout, entirely without pain, is the perfect proof of his skill. I think a patient has every right to expect skill and professional integrity from a Doctor’s care. When it is given with grace it is a significant blessing! (Google Reviews)
- Went in to see Dr Schrayer concerning some recent R knee pain. He reviewed the x-rays of my knee with me. Talked about different treatments available with no hard sell of one over the other. I didn’t feel rushed or grasping for answers. (Vitals)
Schedule an Appointment with an Orthopedic Specialist
There is no reason you must live with chronic pain. When you are struggling to recover your health, then Dr. Shrayer and the team at Orthopedic Associates is here to help. We offer a combination of both minimally invasive treatments and full-service surgery when needed.
Call our office to schedule an appointment so you can learn more about available services. We start with an in-depth diagnosis to determine the root cause of your pain. Then, our team will design a personalized plan to support your recovery.
Orthopedic Associates is proud to be the leader in local sports medicine and orthopedic services. Contact us to schedule a consultation for sports medicine, traumatic injuries, chronic pain, and more.